I did it. I packed up Morella in the stroller after her afternoon nap and we walked down to the YMCA and signed us up. I got a tour of the place, saw the child care drop off room, looked at what rooms were going to be and was fairly impressed. They are in the middle of remodeling but they promise it will be done by September 1st and will be really nice then. I hope so! I look forward to seeing it.

I also signed Morella up for Shrimp swim classes. I originally did it for the morning, but after talking to Tim about it we might tag team (or he might do it all) and change the class time to 6:30 – 7:00 so that he could take her on Mondays. Cool!

Now I gotta figure out when I am going to be going. They are open from 5:45 to 10:30. I am actually feeling like I might way until the fall drop in schedule is out because I prefer to go to classes.

Anyway. Our main computer monitor died today. Kaput. It was over 8 years old. So we went and bought a new monitor — it’s amazing how they are all flatscreens now, fairly inexpensive (especially compared to how expensive they used to be!), and transporting it home was a piece of cake! I’m glad that huge monitors are a thing of the past. SO glad.

Last night went really well. We had pesto pasta with grilled chicken, garden salad and coleslaw. I also made an apple pie but had to preface it with “I used canned apples…” because I didn’t want them to think that my apple pie was really that … uh bland. I mean it was good. Of course it was good, homemade crust makes everything better, but it still wasn’t as awesome as a real apple pie. In the spirit of staying calm and casual, I went with what I had. They left at 10:30, I pumped took a shower and was in bed by 11:30.

Hey I should head that way now.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>