Morella is teething an eye tooth on her right side. Her little tongue is hanging out…it’s cute. So, you may imagine that she has been a total crank monster, and if you did indeed imagine that you would be correct!

Regardless, I had plans for today. It started off with Tim making french toast (surprise and delicious!) and coffee, followed by a leisurely morning of putzing. Then we got dressed and headed downtown to enjoy the nice weather and do a little State Street shopping. Something must have been going on at the Overture Center because State Street was deluged with parents and babies in strollers. Yes, we looked like a cliche, but who cares? We had a nice time we:

–got coffee from the Fair Trade Coffee Place
–got more deodorant for me (I vowed I would never go another Dr. appt without putting some on!)
–two new hand made soaps (orange and a cinnamon/clove one)
–a wonderful acrylic stamp set that has my imagination firing overtime (splurge)
–lunch at Chatayra (where the picture is taken)

We installed Morella’s new car seat today and I am pleased to report that she fell asleep in it within moments of heading home. I guess you could also say it was because she was an hour over her nap time. Anyway. IT fits and looks so comfortable. Hurray!

Once we got home I changed her diaper, put comfortable pants on her and slipped her into her crib where she took a 3 hour nap! Woo! I took a long nap on the couch, and when Tim got done riding his bike home from work (we had dropped him off) he took a nap as well. For her dinner she had leftover Korma chicken and I made a homemade spaghetti pizza that was a disaster because the crust didn’t rise at all, and the texture of the ground turkey made me gaggy. :P Tim ate a bunch though so it wasn’t all a total loss.

Morella then proceeded to meltdown every five minutes and we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood, with Tim carrying her and me walking the dog. It was a nice walk, though slippery. I am a little worried about how my legs started to ache near the end of the walk and how tired I was — I’m really out of shape! Now I know why they say to wait a year between kids because I don’t think I’ve fully recovered from Morella and everything hurts so much more — like the the uterus pain, the leg pain, no stamina…sigh.

Last night we finished watching True Blood and it was okay. I guess I would watch more. Libby, are those books you mentioned the books that the series was based on? If so, I have a friend who is reading them who say that it’s sort of trashy — but in a fun way. I don’t know. I think I am a little vampired out for the moment. But I’ll keep it in mind for when I am out of books to read. Thankfully I have Sarah’s recommendation of Archangel next to my bed and am pleased to say that last night dreamed about it. :D

Laura – you got the “Ashley” britax marathon? Mostly yellow with red flowers?

Sarah – thanks for the icon! It’s great — maybe I’ll use it for the website. I really need to update my Bio. Sigh. I just haven’t been into website design for a while. I wish I had some young intrepid student worker who wanted to impress me and redesign my website…instead of me doing it. Also, I think I will leave a suggestion with the library based on my next Baby Book time experience. Though shouldn’t one give it at least three tries before criticizing?

Marnie – Where is the Donuts with Dad? Is that on the west side too?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>