Thanks for all the comments yesterday. We did end up going back to try a second shot at a catheder with a very professional, capable nurse and it was a failed attempt yet again. Morella’s baby bits are just too little. We then did the bagging again, waited around for two hours and then went home after I had them tape the bag on more securely. This morning her diaper was soaked but miracle of miracles we were able to get 2ml of liquid — enough for a sample! I dropped it off and then went to Target to enjoy my alone time.

The UA results showed no infection. Hurray. Morella woke up without a fever and seemed to be doing better. She ate, drank some and wasn’t as crabby. I did notice however that she appeared to be getting a rash. A rash that has sort of spread throughout the day from her face to her neck, to her chest — and some of you might know where I am going with this.

I told my friend Hilary about it and she immediately said “Roseola” — I looked it up and …… “Roseola (also known as sixth disease, exanthem subitum, and roseola infantum) is a viral illness in young children, most commonly affecting those between the ages of 6 months and 2 years. It is typically marked by several days of high fever, followed by a distinctive rash just as the fever breaks.” Other symptoms include irratibility, fatigue, decreased appetite…

Well hot dog. We have a diagnosis! I can’t tell you how much better it feels to know what was/is wrong with her, and that there was really nothing we could do. I feel bad about the events of yesterday but how the hell were we supposed to know? I mean, it’s not like anyone knows what it is until the rash breaks out.

What gets me, is I have read countless journal entries regarding this from you guys and yet it still didn’t stick enough for me to think that was a possiblity.

Anyway. So Morella is on the mend. I am on the mend. Ha ha.

Hey, I bought some diapers for Crouton today and wipe refills. The first few weeks are so hectic that we pretty much gave ourselves permission to indulge in disposable diapers. But while I was there I honestly could not think of anything else that I needed to get. Oh sure there are things we need to do around the house — but all of those can wait until there is a Crouton here.

Whew. Roseola. And apparently you only get it once. Thank GOD!

So Morella slept a good portion of the day. A short hour long nap this morning and then a mega four hour nap this afternoon, followed by a 8:00 bedtime (she was in there at 7.30 but yapped for a 1/2 an hour). We also took our first trip this summer to the dog park. She was good for most of the trip but then dissolved into a clingy, whiney baby. But hey, baby steps.

Tonight’s project for me aside from watching Caprica, was to sort through the medicines and stuff and move them to the hall way closet top shelf. I bought an under the bed storage unit for all the sheets and pillow cases that were there before. Now I have consolidated all the potentially dangerous medicine type stuff and can put them high up and attach a lock to the door to keep out Nosy Rosies until they are old enough to know better. Whew! One less thing to worry about. Next up — making sure furniture won’t fall over and crush an agile climber.

Okay. I gotta go to bed. I hope I get some sleep. My nap this afternoon was totally wrecked by an overactive baby. She’s active now as I speak. I keep telling Tim she is most active between 9-12 at night. Is it possible that she has colic in the womb?!?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>