I was asked a serious of questions, “interview style” from two friends.
1 – Leave a comment, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 – I will respond; I’ll ask you five questions.
3 – You’ll update your journal with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 – You’ll include this explanation.
5 – You’ll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.
Questions from Jadesymb
1. What book would you recommend to me that I haven’t read and why? (or at least you think I haven’t read) World War Z by Max Brooks. Without a doubt, it’s the one book that has been with me for the last three years. I think of many of the scenes while riding in the car, or laying in bed at night. I just think that so many of the scenes and descriptions are so haunting and … lifelike.
2. Do you plan on going back to work at some point? Yes. I don’t know when or what it would be though. I never know. Something just usually pops up. Maybe I’m getting too old for that now though…and will definitely be old by the time the kids are in school. Gah.
3. What are your plans for school Morella and Athena once they get to kindergarten age and Why? Since we live within excellent public school districts – we plan on just sending them to public school. By the time Morella will start school the new 4K kindergarten is going to be in effect, so that’s just what we will do.
4. What is your ideal family vacation, assuming you had some time and plenty of money? Hm A family vacation. I have no idea. I’ll be honest, I have never even thought about it, with maybe a hint of “One day we’ll go to Atlantis, or Disney”. Right now? With them being a toddler/baby? I would love to take a cruise across the ocean, visiting different ports of call…but Tim hates being confined. So, probably disney. Morella would love it, it’s kid friendly and there would still be lots of things for us to do — and I have always wanted to go.
5. Are you wanting to try and have more children? – I’ve been thinking about this the last couple of months as Athena gets bigger and her personality blossoms. I wasn’t sure how I felt about being done at the beginning, but now — I am at peace with it. We are done having our own biological children. However, not to sound cheesy, but I have a lot of love and patience to give other children — and would like to adopt…when the girls are older.
And another set from ladycoreopsis:
1) If you could tweet to yourself in the past, what 140-character message would you send to yourself 5 years ago?
Oh man. I almost want to say something like “Don’t worry you will have kids” but if I did that would I have gone through the effort to do a IUI which gave us our wonderful little Morella? Or would I waste it on something like “Tell Tim to wait until June 2nd to quit his utility job,” which at this point doesn’t feel like it would be wasting it. Or would I want to do something like lottery numbers….hm. I think I might do that one. So it would look like this: Powerball #’s 1-6-10-13-18-20-32 on 5/25/2010 for $, 11/8/08 pain is ear infection go to dr, quit XX&X for DH on 6/2/10, u r loved n happy.
That question took me 30 minutes to answer.
2) How did you find out about blogging? When did you start?
I found out about blogging when I was surfing the internet in 1999. I found this kid’s website in Australia and he was just updating his website by hand every couple of days. I loved the idea and copied it. Then 2000 he talked about blogger and had joined it and I thought it was a great idea, so I did the same. I have had a blog since … we’ll 1999.
3) What did you want to be when you grew up? How did that change as the years progressed?
I honestly didn’t know what I wanted to be. I never gave it much thought, though when I did I guess I wanted to be a writer. I also wanted to be a Mom, but I sort of took that for granted (though I shouldn’t have). Oh I remember now, when people asked me what I wanted to be I usually replied “A lady.” By that, I meant articulate, polite, kind, strong and gracious. I guess that ultimate goal hasn’t changed too much – I still want to be those things.
4) Do you want to return to work as the kids get older? If so, what’s your dream job, and do you think it’s attainable?
My dream job. I don’t know. I guess you could say I am doing my dream job – being a stay at home Mom, raising kids and pursuing a varied of interests. Though the latter isn’t in effect as much right now…but it will be again. In the meantime, I work on building communities around me to the betterment of everyone involved. One dream job I can think of along those lines would be philanthropy. I would love to be a philanthropist. This job would be easily attainable if I were to receive that tweet…
5) What character from The Breakfast Club were you most like in high school?
I didn’t see that movie until I was well into college. I think though that I identified with that dude with the long hair and big nose.
There. If you would like me to interview you, please comment I’ll come up with some questions. I find it so much easier to think of and ask the questions than answer them.