Stressful Day!

Yesterday was nuts and easily the most stressful day I have had in ages. When everyone was in bed, I went to bed myself covered in my down comforter, regular comforter and flannel sheets, in my owl pajamas, long sleeve shirt and hoodie, as well as cozy fleece socks with my Ipad. I had a beer on my side and pandora on on the background while I surfed the net and played Words with Friends. This is one of my new favorite winter activities…getting as hot as I can in bed. I did it by accident a couple weeks ago when I was very anemic and it was wonderful. I know find myself looking forward to these kinds of nights.

Normally on a Wednesday I try to leave the house. In the winter it usually means to watch a movie. I love watching movies because I can immerse myself fully into the story and forget about everything else for two hours. If I watch movies at home, I get distracted by all the crap that needs to be done and my fingers get fidgety and demand something to do so I have to multitask. If I don’t then I feel guilty about not doing anything but watching TV. At the theater, well then, that is watching a movie and I paid for the right to just sit there and enjoy it. It is very revitalizing and afterwards I feel a little more alive than usual. ;)

Last night I didn’t go because Neeners had slipped on a piece of fabric and hit her head. She cried for about 30 seconds and then suddenly stopped and started to fall asleep. I swear she did pass out for a second or two because she was disorientated for about 5 minutes afterward and quiet and sedate for about an hour. Tim and I were scared so we called the nurse and she talked us down a bit, so we went with the watch her route. Tim had also checked her pupils just after it happened as we kept her awake and she was okay. She went to bed okay, coughed a ton a little while later and I gave her some honey. At one point she did night walk and so I scooped her up and put her to bed with me. When she woke up later she went back to her own bed. Still by morning, Neeners was poking me in the ribs chattering on and on about … uh I don’t know because I am so tired and waking up. Hence, Neeners survived the night unscathed! Hurray!

The other not so joyful things that happened yesterday, included calling a furnace repairman to come and change our filter for $93 dollars (Thank goodness I had that 25 dollar off coupon). Apparently the dust from the drywall finally made it’s way through the duct work and clogged the filter right away. For the record Tim HAD changed it only 2-3 weeks prior. If drywall dust gets in the filter it is unable to function at all. “Intolerant” our cheerful technician said. Why not? We paid him nearly a hundred dollars for 3 minutes of work. :P

Then we noticed that the corner ceiling in the office was looking wet. So we had to bring in a water specialist or two, a handy man or two to all look at it and in the end decide it was from a small ice dam, and we need to snow rake higher up on the roof, turn off the humidifier for awhile (even though Neeners still has croup it actually doesn’t seem to help her one way or the other), and eventually get a house audit for energy efficiency.

Then mid way through the day we got a surprise visit from our Ho-Chunk language instructor who stopped by to give us his new schedule for the year and drop off some new materials. Morella made sure to show him all her most important peacock items.

Throughout all of these phone calls, visits and trying to figure out what we need to do, the kids were NOT cooperating. Neeners and Soren are locked in the immortal battle of rivalry, especially after 1:00. So for the last three hours of Soren Time they were each taking turns crying, crying together and throwing tantrums left and right. Morella would throw in a temper tantrum or two herself when she felt she was being too ignored. It was so ridiculous that at one point I recorded the them on the video recorder for future chuckles. :P Because I am sure in a couple years it will be funny. Oh, it wasn’t that bad. I mean, it helps so much to know that one of them goes away at 4 and the other will probably pass out from exhaustion. I can’t imagine having that all day, every day. And of course, they are only at their worst when you have house worries to deal with immediately.

You know, I would have liked to have seen a woman repair technician come to the house for a home problem. They were all male. The only women I got to interact with were the ones who answered the phones.

Oh and then to top it all off, I had one more unexpected visitor that will annoy me for the next 3-4 days — Aunt Flo. BAH! If ever there was a day I was glad to see the behind of, this was it.

Onto today. I got to sleep in until 8 (thanks Neeners), made some coffee and the girls have been playing together well. I made them some toaster strudels for breakfast and have planted myself on the couch with delicious coffee at my side. There have been a few trips to the bathroom because Neeners keeps wandering in there to rip little pieces of toilet paper and flush it after pulling her pants down. She is trying to poop. She knows to go to bathroom but we can’t get her to sit on the potty and just … do it. She hasn’t pooped in two days! Well, actually that isn’t true. She did poop two days ago but only a little bit. She was throwing an immense tantrum and I guess straining herself so much that some poop escaped. But it was only a teeny bit, so it shouldn’t count for much.

Alright, I am starting to feel more like myself again. Besides I gotta finish the letter to my Mom that I tried to write yesterday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>