Taken from Christian:
1. What did you do in 2003 that you’d never done before?
Quit a job I actually liked, and well….bought a house.
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
For the most part, yes. I like goals. And I have three slated so far for the new year. I want to collect 52 rejection letters by the end of the year, learn a Ho Chunk word a week (committed to memory) and …crap I had a really good third one, but I can’t remember it right now….man it was good too. I guess that will just have to be a little secret and everyone can guess how I have been self improved.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes and no, my aunt janice passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 1st. Our fifth year anniversary and the day we bought a house.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying a house and moving back to Wisconsin. The first real, solid step in settling down.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Holding a grudge for so long.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
First time I had a cold in over three years.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Digital Camera that I got up for at 5:00 in the morning and stood in line at target with other desperate shoppers.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Tim, for quitting his old job that made his absolutely miserable (without a solid job prospect in the future).
13. Where did most of your money go?
Downpayment on the house, followed by getting Pluto.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Again, the house and perhaps the dog.
15. What song will always remind you of 2003?
The JC Penny jingle “It’s all inside”
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same
c) richer or poorer? richer? poorer
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with my friends.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about how everything would turn out in the massive change.
19. . How will you be spending Christmas?
Milwaukee with the Benninghoff’s and their dogs.
20. Did you fall in love in 2003?
Yes, with a dog and his little possum too.
21. What was your favourite TV programme?
22. What was/were the best book(s) you read?
The Cabinet of Curiosities, The Life of Pi, Auntie Mame, Abarat
23. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Diary of Dreams, Assemblage 23 and Stromkern
24. What did you want and get?
A house, a dog, not working, a trip to Scotland
25. What did you want and not get?
A few finished stories that I am super proud of.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Return of the King, X Men II, 28 Days Later, Pirates of the Carribean
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I became 27 and went out to eat at Merles with Eric and Kate.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
More digressed than usual.
30. What kept you sane?
My darling, letters, netflix, cable and internet
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. Who did you miss?
Eric and Kate
33. Who was the best new person you met?
Liama and Jen
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2003.
Paying off all credit card debt DOES payoff.