This morning I wanted some cinnamon rolls, but since I really wasn’t in the mood to walk to the grocery store, I remembered I had a package of cheap biscuits! You know you can get those refrigerated biscuits for 39 cents at Woodmans (we get generic).
Anyway, I am sure most of you know the following recipe. But in case you didn’t, I thought I would share.
1. Get a small saucepan and but in enough grease that equals to about an inch melted (saves on grease this way).
2. Open refrigerated biscuits. Take out one and poke hole in middle.
3. Fry in grease until golden brown on both sides.
4. Take out and toss in bowl of prepared cinnamon sugar (about 1 cup sugar and as many shakes of the cinnamon shaker as you like — I like cinnamony sugar). Coat both sides. Put on paper napkin or plate afterward.
5. Continue making the rest the same way.
6. Good luck not eating them all in 2 minutes.
Man, I wish my Mom had known about this recipe when I was a kid. Just think of all the fresh donuts I could have scarfed down for cheap.